The great event was organized by Sree Venkateswara University (SVU) in collaboration with Guru Dharma Pracharana Sabha (GDPS) of Andhra unit on 17th & 18th October 2016, in the University premises at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
Many eminent scholars and thinkers from different walks of life participated in the conference and spoke on the listed sub-themes.
Few pictures from the conference
The need of the day
The International Seminar was just one of the many ways to disseminate the Guru's messages about religion to the world at large with renewed vigour.
We hope Sree Narayana Guru's Philosophy of One Caste, One Religion and One God for Man and its practical application can be a pole-star of guidance. And His wise words about Inter-religious Harmony would enable the world to device plans to tackle the issue of religious disturbances in the global level, both in the developed and under-developed countries, and enable religious authorities to set up mechanisms to provide mediation, advice and help in zones of conflict.
This International Seminar was organized with this objective. All the major world religions (Except Chinese), Socio-Cultural Organizations, Government representatives, and Litterateurs were involved.
20 powerful and well-developed nations of the world have come together as G20, to work for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) of under-developed nations, as prescribed by the United Nations (UN).
The G20 has realized that Inter-religious Harmony is an integral factor of any sustainable development. The Pre-summit Conference of G20 for Inter-religious Harmony was held at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from 25th to 27th July 2016. The G20 has recognized the endeavours of Sree Narayana Guru to achieve Inter-religious Harmony in the little state of Kerala and his success.
As a token of this recognition, Srimad Rhithambharananda Swamy, the General Secretary of Sree Narayana Dharma Sanghom Trust was invited as a special guest to talk about the Guru. This recognition of the Guru's role in Inter-religious Harmony by G20 is an event to be proud of, for the followers of the Guru.
The first All Religions' Meet in Asia at Advaithasram
The G20 has become aware of the need for Inter-religious Harmony now, but Sree Narayana Guru had realized this a hundred years ago, and organized the first All Religions' Meet in Asia at his Advaithasram in 1922. All the major religions of the world participated in that historical event. Through the conclave of speeches there, the Guru proved to the world that all religions are the same in essence, and have the same goal, to help man to improve himself. There is no need for conflicts and fights between religions.
List of Sub-themes
1. Religious Universals - Scientific study of Religions.
2. Religious Tolerance in Ancient India - Hindu & Muslim Emperors - Historical perspective.
3. The Modern World - Challenges to Inter-religious Harmony - Rise of Religious Fundamentalism.
4. Religious Harmony in Hinduism.
5. Islam & Religious Harmony.
6. The Bible - A study on Religious Tolerance
7. Christian Missionaries & Religious Tolerance.
8. Buddhism & Religious Harmony.
9. Sikkism, Judaism.
10. The Philosophy of Sree Narayana Guru.
11. Inter-religious Harmony through the philosophy of Sree Narayana Guru.
12. The Guru's All Religions' Meet.
13. Preparing the younger generation. a. The Role of Education and Governments. b. The Role of Literature. c. The Role of Media. d. The Role of Fine Arts.
14. The contribution of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) & Research Scholars.